October 5, 2009

theme party/ wedding shower




Hi ! Its been a while since my last blog and I blame wedding silliness (my wedding was Sept 5th). I thought perhaps I'd write a blog based on the shower my foodie friend (and mentor!) Susan threw for me as she also has many beautiful Martha Stewart style tricks up her sleeve.

When you're having people over for a party, something you can do to keep it unified is to have a simple theme to tie everything together. An effortless theme that is quite effective is COLOUR. Pick any colour - since halloween/ thanksgiving are on their way I'd suggest oranges, reds, or even purples (my fav). Then use that colour as the accent for the party. Buy flowers, napkins, a table runner, print out the menu in the colour - or simply make cocktails with that colour. With very minimal effort you can really make your dinner party look stunning and well thought-out.

Of course - that was just one thing Susan did to create this gorgeous party. She went above and beyond with "if you don't ask you don't get" Veuve Clicquot & Belvedere Vodka glassware, accessories and of course beverages - thank you Matt @ Charton Hobbs. Take a look at the photos to get even more ideas and as always, if you have any questions let me know.


x
Adele
www.foodstylist.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment